Sunday, July 18, 2010

My first impression thoughts

It's July 18th - more than a year since Christian's birth and I'm still at my heavy baby weight. I've spent a year saying "I'm going to lost this weight" and I've always had the best intentions but I have yet to make a mark of progress.
I've started reading "The Raw Food Detox Diet" by Natalia Rose and I have a few beginning remarks:
"You must undertake this program with an attitude of self-forgiveness. You cannot move forward in your life, much less in improving your body, until you forgive yourself for eating in such a way that has been destructive....."
Basically, she started the book by saying with the processed and unnatural foods that have created toxins in our body are also addictive substances that we must overcome! I can give a hearty AMEN to that! I am always frustrated with myself when I make a choice to eat what I KNOW is wrong. I keep asking myself over the past 4 years "Why is it so hard???" I was making right choices, losing weight and feeling great when I detoxed on a raw food diet 4 years ago. I was strong, determined and successful! What has changed? Why am I struggling so much with it now?
I don't have all the answers but I'm going to take the first step that Natalia recommends and forgive myself. I know I have it within me to do this. I know myself and by blogging and keeping my goals as the focus of my drive I can accomplish losing this weight!!!

"Waste=Weight"
I have established bad habits through pregnancy and after by saying "Oh, I need the calories for the baby and breast milk." That argument is GONE now that he's 1 - plus even if and when I get pregnant again, eating this way will only benefit me and the baby!!! Being overweight is so unhealthy and I need to keep in mind the risk of diabetes with this "spare tire" I have in my midsection. It's time for a change and I'm going to make it happen!!!

I also want to blog so that when I'm successful I have something to look back and say "here's my journey, if I can do it then anyone can!"

No comments:

Post a Comment